Monday, March 12, 2012

Maudlin Monday 2

Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about expectations.  I’ve been getting the reality smack down and it isn’t pretty.  For example I expect to look like this
but in actuality I look like this

The worst part about expectations is that they don’t just affect you, they bleed onto your loved ones.  Recently, I had the pleasure of hearing Kimber De'Valle speak about gentleness.  
She was so candid and pure.  Embarrassingly I was so affected by it that I erupted in tears. 
I guess what I'm getting at is that, my expectations have lead to disappointment.  Whether its feeling guilty for being disappointed or just feeling entitled then let down, resentment set in.  This resentment is unhealthy and leaks hazardous waste.  I’ve been practicing gentleness and I have to say that already I’ve seen a change in not only Camilla’s behavior (shock!) but also in my marriage.



Photo courtesy of www.fanpop.com


No comments:

Post a Comment